The Inaugural Bizzy Awards

Deborah Randolph
Deborah Randolph


It’s time to roll out the red carpet! The Central Louisiana Chamber of Commerce Business Awards dinner and ceremony will provide local businesses the opportunity to celebrate and be recognized for their achievements in 12 categories. The inaugural Chamber Business Awards ceremony will be held on Friday, April 12th at 6:30pm at the Sai Convention Center in Alexandria. The Honorable Jay Dardenne, Lieutenant Governor, State of Louisiana will serve as the Master of Ceremonies. Lt. Governor Dardenne will call on two local presenters to read the names of the nominated businesses and the winner of each of the “Bizzy” awards.


Members of the Central Louisiana Chamber of Commerce can nominate themselves or other members for each of the 12 awards categories.  Businesses may enter or may be nominated for more than one category. The deadline for nominations is March 15th.


The Central LA Chamber Business Awards is the only fun, competitive awards program that showcases businesses of all sizes in the region. The purpose of the event is to recognize outstanding local businesses and non-profit organizations. There will be a red carpet, formal attire, music and a multi-course dinner served to guests.  Companies or organizations winning a “Bizzy” in each of the categories will receive a beautiful etched, crystal statue and may publicize their achievement by displaying a special Chamber Business Award logo on their website and marketing and promotional materials.


Chamber Business Awards Logo

The categories for the Chamber’s Business Awards are:

Best Overall Business – For excellence in every aspect of business. Nominees should explain why business excels with customers, employees, community contributions and marketing.


Best New Business – For businesses that have opened within the past 3 years. Nominees should explain what the business is and give examples as to what makes it different than other similar businesses.


Best Small Business – For businesses with up to 10 employees. Explain what the business has done in the past year that makes it a leader in its field.


Best Medium Business – For businesses with over 10 employees and less than 100. Explain what the business has done in the past year that makes it a leader in its field.


Best Large Business – For businesses with over 100 employees. Explain what the business has done in the past year that makes it a leader in its field.


Best Business Logo – Explain how the logo delivers a message that creates confidence in your brand while differentiating between you and your competitors. Include a copy of the logo. Logos judged on creativity, business representation and design.


Best Business Website – Explain how the website benefits the company and why it is useful to clients or customers. Websites are judged on content, appearance, and originality. Provide website address.


Best Non-Profit Organization– For excellence as a vital economic force in Central Louisiana; one that has a tremendous impact on the quality of life for all residents.


Best Business Curb Appeal – For excellence in the exterior appearance of the business, including upkeep of facility, use of plants and gardening, and overall appearance from the street in front. Explain why the business has excellent curbside appeal. Submit pictures for review.


Best Business Marketing Campaign – For excellence in a single marketing campaign. Explain what was done, why it was done, and how it was successful. Submit examples of ads, etc. from the campaign.


Best Green Business – For excellence in a business strategy revolving around energy efficiency or promoting green products. Submit examples of green business practices and how they were implemented.


Best Interior Design – For excellence in the design of a lobby or office. Submit photographs.


Visit the Chamber’s website at to download the Business Award nomination form. The Chamber Business Awards Committee will tally all nominations, which will represent 25% of the vote for each category, with the remaining 75% from an independent judges’ panel consisting of three Chamber executives from other areas of the state.