The first-ever AlexRiverFête makes its debut Mother’s Day weekend in Downtown Alexandria, and it’s never too early to start planning your visit. Here are six tips about what to expect so you can have the most fun at Dinner on the Bricks, ArtWalk and the Louisiana Dragon Boat Races.
1. Know The Schedule
Thursday, May 9th: Dinner on the Bricks 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday, May 10th: ArtWalk • Kids Fête 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, May 11th: Louisiana Dragon Boat Races • ArtWalk • BBQ Cookoff • Live • Music • Kids Fête All Day
2. Bring Cash
Admission to AlexRiverFête is free, but don’t forget to bring cash. While some vendors will accept credit cards, it’s a good idea to bring bills for food, drinks and any items you have your eye on at ArtWalk. There is an ATM located inside the Capital One building on Third and Murray Streets.
3. Make A Parking & Transportation Plan
• Downtown Parking: Parking spaces in the general downtown area will be open and available on May 9th, 10th and 11th. Arrive early for these spaces.
• Upper Third Festival Parking: Located near the Health South Rehab center, adjacent to the Farmer’s Market area. Take the ATRANS “Fête Express” bus into the festival area. Runs every 15 minutes on Friday and Saturday.
• Under I-49 Festival Parking: Located underneath I-49, near Murray Street and 10th Street. Take the “Fête Express” trolley bus into the festival area. Runs every 15 minutes on Friday and Saturday.
• Guests With Special Needs: For wheelchair transfer or special assistance to the levee, an ATRANS van will be positioned in Hotel Bentley parking lot, located at the corner of Main Street and Jackson Street. This is a drop-off location only.
In addition, golf carts will be stationed at each “Fête Express” stop to assist guests requiring assistance for transport around the festival grounds.
4. Climb Aboard The Fête Express
The ATRANS buses and the two Downtown trolleys will be in full operation–and having a little fun during the trip, too.
5. Bring A Camera
With so much to see and do, you’ll want to snap photos of all the action. Follow the fête on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to share your experience with us @alexriverfete.
6. Have A Fête-Tastic Time!