1) What is laser liposuction?
A: Laser liposuction is uses laser light to gently melt the fat prior to removal with a small suction device.
2) How is laser liposuction different than traditional liposuction?
A: Laser liposuction is usually done in the office under local anesthesia and most patients return to work within a day or so. Traditional liposuction is usually done in a hospital under general anesthesia.
3) Are the results of laser liposuction different than traditional liposuction?
A: Laser liposuction often has a faster recovery with less bruising and swelling. The laser light also tightens the overlying skin to a greater degree in order to produce a smooth contour to the body.
4) Do you have to wear a compression garment after laser liposuction?
A: Yes. A compression garment is usually worn under the clothes for a few weeks. This is very comfortable and provides support to the area during healing.
5) What areas can be treated with laser liposuction?
A: The most commonly treated areas are the abdomen, love handles, thighs, arms, and neck. Laser liposuction also works very well for “bra fat” or the tissue that tends to pouch out near the above the bra near the arms.
If you would like to learn more about laser liposuction, call Dr. Parrish at (318) 448-7207 to schedule a free consultation or visit www.AlexandriaCosmeticSurgery.com.