The eyes tell a lot about a person. Some feel that the eyes are the window to one’s soul. Many of the clients that come into About Face for consultations about their eyes complain that they look tired due to dark circles and puffiness. Many treatment options are available when it comes to rejuvenating the eye area. The staff at About Face Skin, Spa and Laser is specially trained to evaluate and treat your skin with the latest in anti-aging technology. Come and see how easy it is to revitalize your eyes!
As we grow older, small wrinkles appear around our eyes. Commonly called crow’s feet or laugh lines, these wrinkles are bothersome little reminders of aging. Crow’s feet can be prevented and reduced with some simple measures. Many treatment options are available to help remedy your problem areas.
Here are a few suggestions for the prevention and treatment of crow’s feet.
1. Avoid sun exposure. In the summertime, wearing good quality sunscreen, such as Obagi’s Healthy Skin Skin Protection SPF 35 and sunglasses is imperative. This simple measure will prevent squinting, which contributes to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
2. Live a healthy lifestyle. Smoking and drinking are huge contributing factors to wrinkles. Eating a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and whole grains will make your skin smoother and more elastic. Drinking a lot of water will also help your skin stay hydrated and healthy.
3. Exercise. Stress is a major contributor to wrinkles on the face. Daily exercise will reduce stress and give you an overall sense of well-being, thus minimizing wrinkles and crows feet.
4. Try Obagi Elastiderm Cream. No cream can eliminate wrinkles entirely, but Obagi’s Elastiderm Eye Cream can help to bring back the snap in your skin. Daily use of eye cream can restore moisture to the skin around the eye, which, unlike other areas of your face, does not produce its own oil. Enhance the skin’s elasticity with Elastiderm.
5. Combine sonic application technology with the Clarisonic Opal. The specially formulated Anti-Aging Sea Serum erases the years by hydrating your skin. Opal results are seen immediately and last for hours and build over time. The Opal refreshes, energizes and brightens the appearance of your skin. Additionally, the Opal has been scientifically shown to reduce the appearance of puffiness.
6. Consider Botox. These treatments help to relax the muscles around the eye. When the muscles relax, the skin appears smooth and wrinkle-free. These treatments last about three months. Botox treatments are an affordable option to help reduce or eliminate the unwanted fine lines around the eye area. The earlier in life Botox treatments are started, the more lines can be prevented, significantly slowing the signs of aging.
7. Try laser resurfacing treatments. Laser resurfacing treatments remove the outer layer of skin creating a smoother, tighter skin around the eye. It can also reduce age spots and other imperfections such as visible blood vessels in the skin and rosacea. About Face offers affordable laser resurfacing using the Prolite II. Each monthly treatment with the Prolite II provides significant results that build on themselves. Therefore, 4-6 laser treatments are recommended to achieve optimal results.
8. Transform your skin with the VI Peel. Experience clarity and even tone and texture in your skin with the VI Peel. The VI Peel will reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyperpigmentation, including melasma. These amazing peels soften lines and wrinkles around the eyes and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, resulting in firmer skin. The VI Peel is the only seven-day skin transformation system in the world, and About Face is proud to introduce this breakthrough technology to Central Louisiana.
Revitalize your eyes today. Call for a free consultation at About Face, Skin, Spa and Laser and meet the staff that can give you the ultimate skincare experience that will turn back the hands of time. Call (318) 448-6288 to schedule your appointment today.