The Alexandria Garden Club will present “A Tour of Gardens” on Sunday, April 26th from 1:00pm to 5:00 pm. This first time event offers a progressive tour in five different neighborhoods, visiting these five beautiful and decidedly different home gardens:
• The lovely gardens at the Victorian home of Lea and Michael Miguez, at 2817 George’s Lane;
• The charming Garden District home garden of Candy and Donnie Hall, at 2008 Elliott St.;
• The luxurious grounds at the home of Karren and Ben Russo, at 3861 Rue Left Bank;
• The bountiful garden of Alexandria’s impresario of vegetables, Benny Russo and his wife Janis, at 405 Windermere;
• The magical, spiritual and creative gardens of Janet and Carl Ahrens at 6026 Cherokee Lane.
Tickets for the tour are $25.00 per person, and are available online at www.Ticket-Central.org/events, or at these locations: all Ticket Central Box Offices, The Food Bank of Cenla, The Garden Path, Kent House Gift Shop, Schnacks and Southern Chic. Tickets may also be purchased at any one of the gardens on the tour. The tour begins at any one of the gardens. Light refreshments by Alexandria Garden Club members will be served. All proceeds will benefit the Good Food Project of the Food Bank of Central Louisiana. For more information about the tour, visit the Alexandria Garden Club Inc.’s Facebook page.